[Olpc-open] direct play youtube with mplayer

Charbax charbax at charbax.com
Fri Jan 30 17:56:38 EST 2009

How about a browser option or some kind of browser plugin which would say
something like: "When detecting Youtube embeds on web pages, display a play
icon instead of trying to display the embeded flash video, when clicked that
would launch the streaming of the mp4 file playback using mplayer"
This or/and a Youtube activity with full Youtube API support would be great.

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz <
bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

Charbax,
Nicolas Charbonnier