[Olpc-open] Give a Laptop, Change the World : G1G1 2008

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Tue Oct 7 17:38:01 EDT 2008

This year's G1G1 program will start November 17 in the US.  Please
help us spread the word.
More details and media are on the wiki; see the links below.  We're
coordinating some community
art and outreach on the grassroots list; sign up if you're interested:

We're having a lunch outreach meeting in #olpc on irc.freenode.net
this Friday at 1200 EST;
sign up if you think you can make it:
  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/G1G1_meetings

=====

One Laptop per Child is launching its second ''Give 1, Get 1'' [G1G1]
program starting November 17, 2008, following last year's popular
program which received donations from over 80,000 people.  This year
the XO laptops will be shipped to donors through Amazon.com.

The laptops feature the latest release of the Sugar window manager, running
on a Linux-based Fedora Core operating system.  For answers to frequently
asked questions, and for other XO giving programs, see the OLPC wiki.

 More on G1G1 2008:  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/G1G1_2008
 More about the XO:  http://laptop.org/en/laptop/

Photos, stories and other media from the first year's deployments are
available from a community media page and from the OLPC photostream.
If you have been involved with a deployment, please contribute your own.

 OLPC's Flickr photostream: http://flickr.com/photos/olpc
 Contribute &  share media: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Community_media