[Olpc-open] help :Building kernel

wahida mansouri wahidamansouri1 at yahoo.fr
Tue May 13 05:58:04 EDT 2008

hello ;
I want to build a new kernel on my XO so I follow steps in this link
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Kernel_Building
First I begin with a fedora core 6 PC :
make oldconfig
make
make modules_install  # as root
tar zcvf kern.tar.gz arch/i386/boot/bzImage System.map /lib/modules/$VERS
then on XO:
cd /
tar zxvf .../kern.tar.gz
mv System.map /versions/boot/current/boot/System.map-$VERS
mv arch/i386/boot/bzImage /versions/boot/current/boot/vmlinuz-$VERS
ln -sf /versions/boot/current/boot/vmlinuz-$VERS /versions/boot/current/boot/vmlinuz.
The problem after rebooting is that the XO won't boot and still reboot all the time.

Regards.

http://mail.yahoo.fr Yahoo! Mail