[Olpc-open] Give Many?

Carol Lerche cafl at msbit.com
Mon May 5 14:37:28 EDT 2008

I understand that manufacturing units for official OLPC deployments are a
priority, but if GmGm is still a possibility it would be helpful to have
some sort of "order by" schedule.  So if there were going to be a
manufacturing run that incorporated English keyboards, such that an
organization willing to order 100 units @ $300 each could obtain them after
that run, it would be helpful to know that this would be possible if they
ordered by (say) 3 months before that time.  This would allow the
bureaucracy to grind out a timely purchase order, while still being driven
by the needs of the OLPC deployments.

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any public information on how the Give Many program is doing?
> There was something recently about it being reorganized, but no
> details.
>
> Have they made any sales?
>
> When is product expected to be delivered?
>
> Can we find out about any of the projects, and offer to help?
>
> --
> Edward Cherlin
> End Poverty at a Profit by teaching children business
> http://www.EarthTreasury.org/
> "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."--Alan Kay

"Always do right," said Mark Twain. "This will gratify some people and
astonish the rest."