[Olpc-open] [OLPC library] Suggestion for Terms of Use for content

ffm ffm at intserverror.com
Sat Jan 19 23:07:09 EST 2008

On Jan 20, 2008 2:04 AM, Carol Lerche <cafl at msbit.com> wrote:

> Truly the wiki is NOT the best way to organize content such as the
> activities page.

> I think we need a search by age/grade level, subject matter, localization,
> countries using, minimum build requirement, maturity/bugginess, tag (where
> an app could have multiple tags that were optional and possibly pejorative!)

There are perfectly fine and useable ways to do this using the current
MediaWiki software, it may just need a few extentions.

> The current activity page is pretty hard to use -- in the computer
> science/database world I think we could term it a "heap".

Agreed. If someone could figure out how wikipedia does
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_software#General_Information,
that sort of thing would work well on the activities page.

-ffm