[Olpc-open] [olpc-support-gang] Going forward with the community forum

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Thu Jan 10 22:41:46 EST 2008

Currently, the existing server runs on php-based phpbb, while olpchacks.org's
forum runs on vbulletin, which is not FLOSS.  I bristled initially, but
Peter brings up some good points, which I will let him copy and paste.

We are also discussing advertising, and we were discussing a community based
solution for policy changes and site changes.  Which is a pretty good idea
to have a policy on.  Ad-hoc doesn't work so well when fora get heated,
feelings tend to get hurt.

Where were we exactly?

Seth