[Olpc-open] Going forward with the community forum

Michael Burns maburns at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:18:30 EST 2008

This thread is meant to talk about possible paths the community forum can
take (with regards to olpchelp.org, and other 3rd-party communities that are
growing) and how best to get us from here to there. The conversation is
half-started, so I ask the Peter--admin at olpchelp.org--and the Support
Gang to pick up where we've left off, catching the community up to speed
where possible. We have been talking about the potential merging of the 2
forum sites. From this, a request to replace the software infrastructure has
been raised, and what features can and cannot be supported with that change.
It isn't a perfect solution, but at least we can get a larger pool of input.

[Please drop all CC's following this post and move strictly to OLPC-Open.
Register for the list, if you haven't already, at http://lists.laptop.org ]

Hopefully, posts of substance will follow...

--
Michael Burns * Student
Open Source {Education} Lab