[Olpc-open] Learning OLPC

Jane Bonwell janeinindy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 00:05:31 EST 2008

I have a laptop,received G1G1.  I would like to understand it.  I have never
done any networking, although I have used Windows computers.  Presently I
have an IBM XP Home edition.  I hope to get some literature from my library
about Linux and about networking.

I have managed to open the G1G1.  I expect the space at the top of the
screen which shows an opportunity to type has a purpose, but nowhere do I
find any suggestion of its use.  It may be that some code letters will get
me further  but I have seen warnings about what one "posts"  and I don't
want to ruin the computer.

On the neighborhood I found three icons for mesh.  I also found some
others,  not members, but stations, with padlocks.  I haven't found how to
unlock them.  One said "Crestwood", which just might be mine!  I haven't
found that  there are any members in Indiana yet.
That Crestwood icon was gone today--what does that mean?

Can you suggest where to go for the answers?  Thanks, JaneB