[Olpc-open] Are the "final numbers" tabulated yet? :)

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Tue Jan 1 20:11:18 EST 2008

On Tuesday 01 January 2008, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Now that G1G1 has official closed in the USA and Canada, is there any
> count of exactly (plus or minus a few hundred, I supposed) how many
> pairs of laptops were deployed under the G1G1 program?

This article quotes Nicholas Negroponte; "The final number will be between
150,000 and 170,000 laptops, without counting the very big ones like
Birmingham."
http://www.olpcnews.com/sales_talk/g1g1/g1g1_success_uk_iran.html

Also hints that we will get another turn at G1G1. "As for in the USA, maybe
next Christmas." Yeah!
--
William