[Olpc-open] riots in haiti

Timothy Falconer timothy at immuexa.com
Thu Apr 10 15:19:41 EDT 2008

Hi John,

I'm waiting to hear from the school to learn of the children in our
pilot.  I just got off the phone with Emile, our chief mentor in
Haiti, who is staying in the countryside until things come down.  Our
pilot is effectively on hold due to safety concerns.   I'll update
you when I hear more about the children, who are close to the area of
the protests.

For those that don't know ... here are two YouTube videos that should
catch your attention:

Crowds in the streets:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FK9mskqzKcg

Peacekeepers with rubber bullets outside the presidential palace:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JPYBEJnsb0M

Take care,
Tim

--