[Olpc-open] FW: olpc and anti-corruption

Mike Dawson mike at paiwastoon.com.af
Fri Apr 4 11:32:14 EDT 2008

I think the problem is how would you be able to build trust in a society
where law and order does not exist to the extent required?

1. How do you stop people from entering false data (form of corruption)
- be that false positive info or false negative info?

2. How do you stop people who are willing to use violence against those
who enter negative comments against them (be they true or not)

Regards,

-Mike

Carolyn Turbyfill wrote:

> I think the point is they wouldn't want to - so that the requirement
> of authentication would be a deterrent.
> Still - there are also people who will work to defeat any
> authentication for fun or profit - so yes - corrupt people would play too.
>

> Carolyn Turbyfill
> cturbyfill at mac.com <mailto:cturbyfill at mac.com>
> 11449 Rothbury Square
> Fairfax, Va 22030