[Olpc-open] [mass storage] Is it possible to substitute flash?

Xan DXpublica at telefonica.net
Wed Jan 17 04:40:28 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm a courious about one thing: is it possible in the actual design of
laptop to substitute the 512MB SLC NAND flash for other flash with more
memory (for example 2 GB)?

I think that it could be useful that it could be done easyly. That is if
the child could access to the flash like they could access to the
battery of the laptop

They could change the memory of the laptop for another with more
capacity (useful it they have to store more images, texts, etc; the
laptop should be able to be used for long time)

Perhaps the school in where they are could receive an economic help from
government (or from NGO) for buy mass storage memories and change it;
(thus the children have more memory to learn).

And the less capacity flashes could be borrow to other childrens....

I think it could be great

What do you think? Is it now possible?

Thanks,
Xan.