[Olpc-open] OLPC Linux for ordinary PCs

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 16:03:43 EST 2007

On 11/02/07, Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> wrote:
> [List readers: please do not send me private mail unless you wish to
> discuss something privately; list discussions generally belong on the
> lists.]

Oh, I'm sorry. Gmail sometimes picks the wrong address for replies. I
should have checked.

> Liam Proven wrote:
> > Right. Ta for the clarification. So in a way it's another desktop
> > environment, comparable to GNOME or KDE?
>
> That's mostly correct.

OK, good. I am glad I understand at least a little!

> > That's a "no", then, isn't it, really?
>
> Well, you can run the pre-built images for testing purposes with
> emulation. Once Sugar is ready to be used full-time, LiveCDs and other
> methods should let you run it easily without emulation. In the meantime,
> you can run Sugar itself without emulation if you build it yourself, and
> we provide tools for that.

Is this part of the plan for the project, then? To produce a version
or to foster spinoff versions?

Is there anywhere I can look this kind of thing up? I find the Wiki
rather confusing - not because it's a Wiki; I'm a Wikipedia
contributing editor - but it seems rather disorganised.

--
Liam Proven · Blog, homepage &c: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk · GMail/Google Talk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com · MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com