[Olpc-open] Yes..yes...yes

Michael Burns maburns at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 19:50:33 EST 2007

In fact, I spoke to soon... http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5311

This ticket details who should show up in the Neighborhood view (the view
where yourself, wireless networks and other XOs and activities are display).
The server being connected to is globally used so there is a huge selection
of people owning XOs that you could connect with and collaborate with. One
of the future options will be to see only :
1. people near you geographically,
2. a random selection across the world, or
3. a group of people currently online

This will be a neat way to meet new people. Just think of it! Share a game
of connect-4 with a random new person across town. Have an chat with the
dozen most interestingly colored in the Neighborhood View. All kinds of fun
can be had... :)

Unfortunately, some of these features are scheduled for Update.2, not
expected to be here for till March.

--
Michael Burns * Student
Open Source {Education} Lab