[Olpc-open] dual boot ubuntu

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 24 10:30:12 EST 2007

On Dec 24, 2007, at 10:06 AM, gnome wrote:
> I mean, is grub already part of sugar?

Sugar is just the OLPC graphical environment. Underpinning it is a
modified Fedora, and we're not using grub or another bootloader there.

> tell sugar to include the SD card in the boot order?

With a developer key, you will be able to instruct OpenFirmware to
boot from the SD card.

> Is the SD
> card mounted early enough in the startup process that it can boot
> from a
> kernel on the card?

Yes. For security reasons, this doesn't work out of the box (on
machines without a developer key).

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org