[Olpc-open] "adopt a child" type programs in G1G1 OLPC areas??

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Thu Dec 20 12:14:44 EST 2007

I would really like there to be dialog between XO children in these
countries and XO children in ours.  People may feel unconnected to a
massacre or famine in Rwanda if they see it on tv, but not if it's one of
their children's playmates.

I agree with Todd that direct sponsorships might be pretty hard to set up
and/or manage.  But some method of communication or hopping over the
jabber-based remote mesh software would be a great idea.  Unfortunately that
mesh software is still immature and being worked on very hard, daily.  I
don't even know what mechanism would be required for this sharing to happen.

I wonder if this is documented on the wiki anywhere.  I'll go write up an
example using starcraft's battlenet... :)

Seth