No subject

Sun Dec 2 23:32:07 EST 2007

a constructivist
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructivism_%28pedagogical%29> and
social constructionist
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_constructionism> approach to
education, emphasising that learners (and not just teachers) can
contribute to the educational experience in many ways."

Now, I don't have to spell out constructivist and constructionist
approaches to this crowd, do I? ;-)
> Sakai looks very interesting, but from what I've heard, there will be an
> institutional fee in the thousands of dollars, and it's not yet widely
> adopted.

I'll second that sentiment. At the time we evaluated Moodle, Sakai was
nowhere close to what Moodle was capable of.
> Speaking of institutional fees, WebCT charges us $65,000.  That's per
> year.  An individual license is a few hundred ($300?).  Support is
> somewhere in Pennsylvania.  Or something.  Like most commercial tech
> support it's similar to a cardiac defibrillator.  When you need one,
> it's never there, and you hope never to need it in any case.

I'll ask our Moodle shop about hosting possibilities...

cheers,
Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.