No subject

Sun Dec 2 23:32:07 EST 2007

a constructivist
<> and
social constructionist
<> approach to
education, emphasising that learners (and not just teachers) can
contribute to the educational experience in many ways."

Now, I don't have to spell out constructivist and constructionist
approaches to this crowd, do I? ;-)
> Sakai looks very interesting, but from what I've heard, there will be an
> institutional fee in the thousands of dollars, and it's not yet widely
> adopted.
I'll second that sentiment. At the time we evaluated Moodle, Sakai was
nowhere close to what Moodle was capable of.
> Speaking of institutional fees, WebCT charges us $65,000.  That's per
> year.  An individual license is a few hundred ($300?).  Support is
> somewhere in Pennsylvania.  Or something.  Like most commercial tech
> support it's similar to a cardiac defibrillator.  When you need one,
> it's never there, and you hope never to need it in any case.
I'll ask our Moodle shop about hosting possibilities...

Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132 USA