[Olpc-open] Organising donations to assist with purchasing of OLPC laptops

Pamela Clark pamela.clark at landco.com
Mon Nov 6 18:01:17 EST 2006

I've just read an article on the impending production of
Negroponte\Quanta's OLPC and I'm trying to find out if individuals are
able to assist in the project by donating to cover production costs. My
thought is to organise a money-raising initiative and donate a block
amount of money, representing the donations of individuals who might not
otherwise feel able to participate.

Does anyone know if this has been discussed before? If so, what was the
result of the discussion? If not, who do I approach?

Kind regards

Pamela Clark

IS Manager

Landco Group

Level 28

PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower

188 Quay Street

PO Box 106 249

Auckland City

NEW ZEALAND

DDI Phone: +64 9 306 8194

Mobile: +64 21 611 211

Phone: +64 9 377 7677

Fax: +64 9 306 6154

Visit us online at: http://www.landco.com <http://www.landco.com/>

CAUTION: This email contains confidential information and may be legally
privileged. If you have received it in error, you may not read, use,
copy or disclose this email or its attachments.  In that case, please
let us know immediately by reply email and then delete this email from
your system.  While we use standard virus checking software, we accept
no responsibility for viruses or anything similar in this email or any
attachments.  We also do not accept any responsibility for any changes
to, or interception of, this email or any attachment after it leaves our
information systems.