[OLPC New Zealand] XO HDMI output missing the mouse pointer

Nicholas independentcommercial at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 17:19:51 EST 2014

Hello NZOLPC list..

Sorry this is going to sound a bit vague because it is =)

If I am reading this correctly I was looking at a similar sounding problem the other day with my N900 when compiling GPM (general purpose mouse) support in links (console www browser). This is even though I had the necessary libraries installed the config(-ure) said it GPM support doesn't work. ..and yet strangly it kind of does.

Best guess is the way GPM support is enabled in a touchscreen capable device (the N900 is a debian based touchscreen tablet). Assuming this is a touchscreen device (sorry for ignorance)? If so you will not be able to **easily** have cake and eat it too. Ie mirror a mouse-less output to get pointer support on one output alone. Yet there will be someone who can =)

All the best, Nicholas