[OLPC New Zealand] [Testing] Testing Summary: 19 November 2011 - Auckland, New Zealand

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 16:46:28 EST 2011

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 4:24 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 04:13:54PM -0500, Kevin Gordon wrote:
> > FWIW, similar to JC, but a little diferent methodology:
> >
> > I usually go here to get rpm's for the 1.75 when yum is misbehaving
> >
> > http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/builds
>
> Yes, but as Tom has said, we're urged (by Peter) not to do that, in
> order to reduce the load on that host.  I think what we need is a
> reliable mirror of that host.

Oops I must have missed the don't do it part.  My bad, sorry.

> > One of the first things I then do is download the current versions of
> > the following little guys onto a USB then do a yum localinstall from
> > there for 1.75 gadget testing:

If I tell you, then I'm gonna get in more trouble, aren't I?

So. promise that you'll forget what I said immediately after I say it:

I go to the Koji, I click on first letter of the file I'm loking for, I
make sure it has a little green checkmark beside it.  I then click on the
file. Up pops the info page.  I  go to the rpms section on that page  I
click on the download link for the arm5vtel assemblies and subassemblies I
may want from that page,  I save them to the USB.

Once I have all the rpms I want (and might need as dependencies),  I then
do a

yum localinstall --nogpgcheck --disablerepo=* /media/XXXXX/*.rpm

where XXXXX is the volid of the USB media

Now forget all of that, OK?