[olpc-nz] [OLPC-AU] Testing Summary: Auckland 12 March 2011

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Mar 13 18:47:03 EDT 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 10:48:36PM +1300, Tabitha Roder wrote:
> Closing the lid of the XO, cannot get it to wake up by pressing the
> keyboard or touchpad, wake up required you to push the gaming keys or
> the power button or something (what I am trying to write here is that
> the user was expecting any key to wake up because any key wakes up her
> work laptop so that is what she was used to).

this is expected.  after closing the lid, the only way to wakeup now is
with the power button.  this is because of risk of overheat if laptops
are stacked tightly next to each other; the lid magnet of one laptop can
cancel the lid magnet of an adjacent laptop, leading to the lid sensor
reporting lid open.  cooling capacity is reduced if lid is closed, and
reduced further if laptops are stacked.  #10402

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/