[olpc-nz] Testing Summary: Auckland 12 March 2011

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Sat Mar 12 04:48:36 EST 2011

Testing Summary: Auckland 12 March 2011
Who: Fabiana, Leslie, Tabitha

Tested au861-2 on XO-1.0s

Connected to mesh 1 automatically, tested on that for a while, then tested
on the wireless at the bar, both seemed to work okay but when one XO went to
sleep while on mesh it wouldn't reconnect to the mesh after wake up at all
but would connect to the wireless network.

Closing the lid of the XO, cannot get it to wake up by pressing the keyboard
or touchpad, wake up required you to push the gaming keys or the power
button or something (what I am trying to write here is that the user was
expecting any key to wake up because any key wakes up her work laptop so
that is what she was used to).

Maze - all good

Speak - one of the XOs had a big delay before it would speak the text, the
robot still answers a bit strange (doesn't know its name, doesn't want to
talk about anything and says it is a computer matter not a human matter),
there is not enough space between words. Tested 3 XOs video chat and can see
each other and can communicate successfully but the two that joined didn't
know they had to change to the audio chat window - could it automatically go
there when you join? Mouth and eyes change work, pitch and rate change work,
tried a few languages and the pronunciation does change, the "ch" sound
doesnt sound right in the german

Write - can collaborate with 3 XOs successfully. We closed the lid on one
XO, tried to wake it up and found it had lost its connection to the mesh and
so no longer collaborating in the story (typing does not appear on the other
XOs screens). Tried changing formatting and fonts, adding tables and
pictures, changing styles, all worked.

Paint - functions tested work, mouse went crazy though, would be good if you
could set the border width on shapes

Record - takes photos, videos and records audio, all are saved.  Created a
game with our own words and it worked.

Memorize - played addition and letters and music with 3 XOs, all worked,
tried different levels and all worked.

Didn't have release notes during the testing session, so will need to retest
next weekend (thanks for the extra information Sridhar).

We were going to also test XOpup-2.1 today but I could not get it to start
properly. I put the USB into the XO-1.0 and started the XO but it didn't
work. it said something about boot device, then something about inflate size
error and invalid 0pcode. Also tried with XO-1.5 but got simliar message.

Thanks
Tabitha