[OLPC New Zealand] [Testing] Auckland Testing Summary 18 June 2011

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 07:23:25 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 6:44 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Thanks for the testing and great feedback. I've closed some tickets
> based on your report:
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10643
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10643
>
> In future I'll try and do a better job of communicating specific areas
> we're waiting for testing on (more specifically, confirmation of fixes
> like the above), but at the same time we do benefit from your fresh
> and unbiased/uninfluenced approach to testing the software so please
> be careful not to limit yourselves to only the things we flag up :)
>
>> Write: Italics, bold, underline, list formats, copy/paste, undo/redo, font
>> size, zoom in and out, insert picture and resize, insert table, insert image
>> in table, type text in table, headings, all ok.  All fonts seem to load ok.
>> Cannot see a difference between heading 3 and heading 4 format.
>
> Filed as http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2904
>
>> Help: seems to be for a xo1. Some functions (eg, the scrolling that you get
>> by pressing the key with the hand and the trackpad) are not described.
>> The central top key that has a series of circles: not clear what that does -
>> in some instances it brings up the frame, other times it takes me to the
>> circle view. Couldn't figure out, and could not find information in the help
>
> Known issues:
> Help is outdated (I think you can update the content on
> flossmanuals.net like a wiki if you're interested?)
> You're hitting the keybindings for the XO-1.5 high school keyboard on
> the circle keys:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_English_Non-membrane_Keyboard
> It would be ideal for those not to trigger on the "membrane" keyboards
> of course, and we have a ticket for that:
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10534
>
>> Wikipedia-en: Two items in the portal page (Elements and Mass Media) link to
>> an unexisting page (the try again window). All the rest link ok and target
>> pages look ok except for the page "Europe" where there is text falling off
>> the infobox.
>
> Filed as http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2905
> and http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2906
>
>> Could not create wireless network on either XO-1 or XO-1.5. I think
>> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2488 is no longer relevant – colours
>> are no longer recovered from adhoc network names.
>
> What was the issue here? What happens when you try to create a network?
>
>> Measure seems not to suffer from http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2509
>> on ivy, but still measures garbage on tank. Tank is an XO-1.5 C2 could
>> this be a prototype hardware problem? We only have one production XO 1.5
>> so can't check more of those.
>
> Yes, it could be. In general we don't place too much trust in feedback
> from non-production machines. You could apply to the contributors
> program for another XO-1.5 to help here.
>
>> About me has a new colour icon picker, it is quite strange and confusing
>> as to what colours you have picked
>
> CCing Walter, who designed/implemented this.

Here is how it works:

the two XOs on the left cycle through different fill colors, keeping
the stroke color constant;
the two XOs on the right cycle through different stroke colors,
lkeeping the fill color constant;
the XO in the center is the current selection -- what you'll get when you exit.

(There are two XOs for fill and two XOs for stroke so that you can
cycle back and forth in two directions -- i.e., undo.)

If you have suggestions as to how to make this less confusing, please
let me know.

regards.

-walter

--