[OLPC New Zealand] [olpc-nz] Sugar in the south

nathaN P rekrapenator at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 21:46:39 EDT 2011

Thanks for the boot loader tip Tom, looks like a good tool - will put it
under the nose of my students and see what they can do with it.
Tabitha - we are fortunate to have some experts living here in the south. I
am never sure about who has what skills and am somewhat reticent of asking
too much of people - hence list type requests give the option of an easy
delete.
Is the Sugar group still meeting in Auckland?

At the moment Warrington students and Dunlug are putting together 10
computers for a school in PNG and want to be able to provide as many
computer variables as possible.
All machines will run Ubuntu, we hope to have a few Wikipedia DVDs and some
Sugar CDs to add to the mix.
I have a group of students who are hooked on Sugar - especially the physics
programme - an amazing application. Also the Wikipedia DVD has appealed to
some of my pupils who have no Internet access at home.
The power of Open Source and Creative Commons!!!
Cheers

--
*<http://wikieducator.org/Rekrapenator/Social_Networking_Resistance_Movement#Take_Control>The
OPEN SOURCE  BLAG <http://rekrapenator.blogspot.com/>