[OLPC New Zealand] Auckland Testing June 11 - 2011

Fabiana Kubke mf.kubke at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 23:41:56 EDT 2011

Present: Nevyn, Fabiana, Leslie, Tabitha, Tom, Cheung, Abhishek + ????

Imaged the xos 1 and 1.5 with http://wiki.laptop.org/go/11.2.0 v22

General issue:
There was a strange behaviour with the frame, could not find a consistent
cause. Sometimes the frame would come up and there was no way of getting out
of it (either moving the cursor or through the frame key). On a couple of
occasions the xo's also shut themselves down for not apparent reason - we
could not reproduce this either.

Copying a file from usb to journal diables the frame and can't get out of
the journal view. We reproduced this in an xo1.5 and an xo1 consistently.
Mounting the usb is not the problem, but the freezing happens when the file
is copied. When the file was dragged to copy it, the image of the whole line
(not just the icon) was dragged. We did not test whether it was the
'copying' or the 'dragging', but this issue is similar to one reported near
30/10/10 where the top keys lost functionality after copying - in that case
it turned out that it was the act of 'dragging' that caused the problem.

Music Painter 9 - Could not get any sound out of it - seemed to work ok, but
since we had no sound it was not clear how to proceed with testing. This on
both xo 1 and 1.5. Both had sound working fine on other activities (robot,
record)

Colors -> Fails to start on xo1.5 (not loaded on the image of 1.0)
Reproduced on two 1.5's

Record: Photo, video and audio seem to be working ok in both xo 1.5 and 1.0.
Files are stored in the journal, but when we clicked to open it would try to
open an app and then just quit. The only way to open the files was to choose
'resume with browse' which opened the files ok (not with jukebox) Reproduced
in both 1 and 1.5

Jukebox: Can open ok from the circle, but then closes down when one tries to
open a file (either from the list when it first opens or by trying to go
through 'choose object' - Reproduced on both 1 and 1.5 - Attached is the log
file from an xo 1.5 after this

Physics (on xo 1.5) crashes after making a shape with the pencil that looks
like a long convoluted spaghetti (this I think was reported before by Tom)

Robot - Just played a bit with asking questions - I have a really hard time
understanding it, Leslie and Nevyn had less trouble - but didn't play too
long with it.

Cheers
Fabiana

--
M Fabiana Kubke

Department of Anatomy | University of Auckland | New Zealand
(+64) 9 373-7599 Ext 86002 | (+64)9 923 6002 (direct) | Mobile: (+64) 210
437 121

Skype: superfabs | http://twitter.com/Kubke | http://identi.ca/kubke |
http://buildingblogsofscience.wordpress.com |
http://sciblogs.co.nz/building-blogs-of-science |