[OLPC New Zealand] Wellington meeting tomorrow

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Fri Jul 8 11:43:53 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 12:58 +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:

> If you have time, and if we're not too late, there will be a new
> 11.2.0 candidate build available for testing. (if I'm too late here,
> let me know and I'll try to get next weeks build done a day earlier)

Where and when will it be ready?

We will need it about 7 hours from now, and downloading takes anywhere
from 10 minutes to 3 hours, depending on the tubes. If you can have it
ready in the next 4 to 5 hours we should be able to test it, if it's
ready in the 5 to 7 hours, less likely.

The quality of the tubes is actually quite important as we sometimes
only wake up an hour or so before we leave. I just tested 871 (after a
10 minute search for it's location, the download location is not
immediately obvious on http://wiki.laptop.org/go/11.2.0 ) and it looks
to take about half an hour to download, so things are much improved from
last time I paid attention (last year maybe).