[olpc-nz] power logging

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Fri Jan 21 14:44:03 EST 2011

tom wrote:
 > On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 19:47 -0500, Richard A. Smith wrote:
 >
 > > shutdown -P makes it call poweroff.  Does poweroff exist?
 >
 > poweroff exists and it works!
 >
 > I'll write up how to make one of these collectors on the wiki. Do you
 > have somewhere to hang it off, or should I just make a page somewhere?

hi --

i've created http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Power_Management_Overview as
a central place for finding power management pages.

there's a link there to "XO Power Draw" which describes an older
set of tools for doing power measurement.

how about if you create a new, similar, page, called something like
"Collecting XO power logs", and and richard or i can then expand that
page with more info about the on-board logger (and probably eventually
give the page a more generic name.)

(i'm also planning a page devoted to powerd, which is sorely lacking
at the moment.)

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org