[olpc-nz] Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 19 February 2011

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Sat Feb 19 23:56:36 EST 2011

Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 19 February 2011

Who: Alana (teacher), Charlotte (10 years old), Fabiana, Nevyn, Tabitha

Insectos: Alana noted that when playing the sounds by clicking on the
picture of an insect, the insect names are not available.

Charlotte on XO-1.0: played Physics, Music Painter (she restarted the
activity and the XO many times because the sound was so bad), Implode,
Memorise and Castle (not for long as she doesn't really get this activity
yet). She also tried some of the GCompris activities but got over them
quickly (some didn't start as already reported and I hadn't yet removed
them). She chose her own activities and swapped XOs when looking for
activities that she wanted to play (we have several builds going at the
moment) and when her XO was running too slow.

Worked on the guidelines for activity acceptance for aslo:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activity_Library/Editors/Policy#Guidelines_for_accepting_an_activity

Fabiana and Brenda took XO-1.5s to KiwiFoo (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwi_Foo_Camp) again. They answered questions
and were used. Most poeple at KiwiFoo are familiar with them already so
there were not many new questions.

Improved power log workflow will hopefully stop the same log being sent
twice. Now we a) make sure the laptop's time is correct and b) rename the
log to the correct timezone (the XO's timezone is still contained inside the
log). Will publish the post-processing script next time.

Thanks
Tabitha