[olpc-nz] spare XO?

Brenda Wallace brenda at coffee.geek.nz
Tue Sep 21 20:09:57 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 8:03 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 01:33, Brenda Wallace <brenda at coffee.geek.nz> wrote:
>> The XO i had is in the hands of a Vietnamese translator (who has been
>> translating at amazing speed!).. i discovered a professional Maori
>> translator and want to get him involved too.
>>
>> Does anyone have an XO they're not using for testing much? Although
>> the translator doesn't actually need an XO for translating, it's a way
>> of getting their interest piqued. I've had more success at getting
>> them underway when i've loaned them an XO..
>>
>> We've also got Wellington people working on Thai, Philippine/tagalog,
>> and Serbian atm.
>
> Congrats on the fine work :)
>
> With Sayamindu having started school, we are finding the need for more
> hands to keep the translation infrastructure working. Maybe someone at
> NZ would like to lend a hand there?
>
> Chris Leonard (cjl) in the localization list can give more details,
> there are some open threads about this right now.

We have a volunteer doing Twi -- i missed him out. His name is Charlie Parker.
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2276#comment:5
He's begun translating by using the open office document that was used
by Cook Island Maori translators.

He's also visiting Ghana in December, taking the family to see his
homeland, and has expressed interest in visiting deployments. Any idea
where to start on whether this is a good idea and how to get in
contact?