[olpc-nz] spare XO?

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Tue Sep 21 04:03:35 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 01:33, Brenda Wallace <brenda at coffee.geek.nz> wrote:
> The XO i had is in the hands of a Vietnamese translator (who has been
> translating at amazing speed!).. i discovered a professional Maori
> translator and want to get him involved too.
>
> Does anyone have an XO they're not using for testing much? Although
> the translator doesn't actually need an XO for translating, it's a way
> of getting their interest piqued. I've had more success at getting
> them underway when i've loaned them an XO..
>
> We've also got Wellington people working on Thai, Philippine/tagalog,
> and Serbian atm.

Congrats on the fine work :)

With Sayamindu having started school, we are finding the need for more
hands to keep the translation infrastructure working. Maybe someone at
NZ would like to lend a hand there?

Chris Leonard (cjl) in the localization list can give more details,
there are some open threads about this right now.

Cheers,

Tomeu