[olpc-nz] [Testing] Testing Summary: Auckland NZ - 16 October 2010

Tim McNamara mcnamara.tim at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 23:14:20 EDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz>wrote:

> Testing Summary: Auckland NZ - 16 October 2010
> Who: Robin, Fabiana, Tracey, 4 year old, 7 year old, Tabitha, Tom
>
> Testing Sugar 0.90 on XO-1.0 build 18 customised
>
> XO-1.0 driven by 4 year old
> Paint failed to start. Tamtam Edit failed to start. Tamtam Mini failed to
> start. [...]
>
> XO-1.0 driven by 7 year old
> Maze starts :-)
> Paint failed to start

Hi Tabitha,

It would be good to pull some of the logs down & paste them into a
pastebib/wiki when things fail to start. That would enable more diagnostics
to take place so that we can squish these bugs. Logs are generally in:

~/.sugar/default/logs/activity.name.log

I think the easiest way to get this info would be to open terminal and
enter[1]:

cat ~/.sugar/default/logs/activity.name.log > /media/USBid/activity.log

[1] someone please correct my CLI mishaps.