[olpc-nz] Test request: Scratch and XO freezing

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Sun Oct 17 21:40:57 EDT 2010

Scratch for the XO had a bug that would make it freeze after a few
minutes of use. The workaround was to turn off Automatic Power
Management, in My Settings.

The lead developer, John Maloney, reckons that this is fixed in
Scratch 16, but I'd appreciate if some testing could be done.

Quoting John:

<quote>

Give Scratch v16 a try with power management enabled, and let me know
if it works. A good test is to start Scratch, play a sound, then wait
five or ten minutes. If everything still works okay after ten minutes,
the problem is solved.

Note: Some people have reported that Scratch keeps the computer from
going into power saving mode. It's probably a good idea to quit the
Scratch Activity when it is not being used.

</quote>

Thanks,
Sridhar

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Technical Manager
One Laptop per Child Australia
M: +61 425 239 701
E: sridhar at laptop.org.au
A: G.P.O. Box 731
     Sydney, NSW 2001
W: www.laptop.org.au

Be Part of the Equation....

Show your support for OLPC Australia by texting the word LAPTOP to 044
SUPPORT (0447 877 678)*
For every 100 messages of support received, Telstra will donate an
additional XO laptop to a remote child - up to 500 XOs**

*Standard SMS charges apply
**Full terms and conditions at Ideas for Good