[olpc-nz] [Testing] Testing Summary: Auckland NZ - 16 October 2010

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Sat Oct 16 09:21:22 EDT 2010

On 16 October 2010 18:32, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:
> Tested the new powerd on XO-1.0 with 0.84.16 build 852 for Jerry. Closed the
> lid and it goes to sleep (light flashing). Open lid and it restarts
> immediately. Did the lid open and immediately reclose test and after several
> attempts reproduced the lid closed and laptop on fault. I believe we
> installed it correctly, yum -qa reports:
> olpc-powerd-29-1.fc11.i586
> olpc-powerd-dbus-29-1.fc11.i586
>
> Tested the new powerd on XO-1.5 on os852 for Jerry. Found it behaved as
> advertised -- had to press the power button to resume. Found that if you
> close and reopen immediately the goes blank but the power light stays on.
> Closing again causes the normal flashing power light sleep and pressing a
> key instead of closing the lid gets it out of the strange display off but
> power on state so I don't think this is a problem.

Thanks so much guys. I'd also like to stress that Jerry's builds here
are the test builds for OLPC Australia. In other words, you've done
kids here in Australia a big favour :)

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Technical Manager
One Laptop per Child Australia
M: +61 425 239 701
E: sridhar at laptop.org.au
A: G.P.O. Box 731
     Sydney, NSW 2001
W: www.laptop.org.au

Be Part of the Equation....

Show your support for OLPC Australia by texting the word LAPTOP to 044
SUPPORT (0447 877 678)*
For every 100 messages of support received, Telstra will donate an
additional XO laptop to a remote child - up to 500 XOs**

*Standard SMS charges apply
**Full terms and conditions at Ideas for Good