[olpc-nz] Helping our new testers

Tim McNamara mcnamara.tim at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 19:52:39 EDT 2010

[warning: a few themes are being mixed together here!]

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz>wrote:

> The basic test template is here:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_testing_template#The_NZ_activity_test

This template is really only relevant for new XO builds. It's also somewhat
unnecessary - OLPC tends to do its own regression testing between builds.
Now that there are paid QA staff at OLPC again, our group will probably find
most of its requests are supporting Sugar Labs.

I would like to offer more structure, so that our more experienced testers
have a way to semi-formally induct newer people into the group. How we
introduce new people into the group is fairly poor.

I think a well-written introduction to testing and to our group would be
really beneficial.

Weekly test plans mean that there's an incentive for people to turn up
because they know they are achieving goals that are required. I don't like
this dialogue: