[olpc-nz] [Testing] Testing Summary: Auckland - 2 October 2010

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Fri Oct 1 21:18:34 EDT 2010

Tabitha Roder wrote:
> Testing Summary: Auckland - 2 October 2010
>
> Who: Abhishek, Fabiana, Robin, Tabitha, Tom
>
> Flipsticks-8
> Tested on XO-1.0 and XO-1.5 running os852 0.84.16
> Found that if you resize the head in a keyframe, the following keyframes
> have head size set to 0. Filed bug on sugar tracker #2396
> There are 5 keyframes and could not find a way to add more keyframes.
>
> Browse-108 on XO-1.0 os852
> Cannot sign out of google mail. Simple version it works. We think it is a
> memory issue.
>
> Calculate-34
> Tested on XO-1.0 and XO-1.5
> entered formula 5**-1 and press enter, on the right you see 5-1 with result
> 0.200000000 when it should show the same formula 5**-1
> Positive powers do show with superscript. Raised ticket #2397 in sugar
> tracker
>
> Tried out USR-20100922 virtualbox appliance with virtualbox 3.2.8 on MacOS
> 10.5.8
> Downloaded from
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/USR-922-IRC-Remix.ovf
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/USR-922-IRC-Remix.mf
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/USR-i386-20100922.vmdk
> Wasn't asked for a name or a colour on startup
> "sugar" user's password is "sugaruser"

add your own user with user manager in gnome
 password root = sugarroot
> Had to install virtualbox guest additions with *sudo apt-get install
> virtualbox-ose-guest-utils
> *Home screen did not resize, but activities did. After apt-get upgrade and
> reboot, home screen resized.
> Didn't do apt-get dist-upgrade, there are quite a few upgrades kept back.
> Sorry, will try that later.

It is important to do apt-get update and apt-get upgrade from terminal
> ctrl-shift-c and command-c cut-n-paste keyboard shortcuts don't work in
> terminal (mac virtualbox host), and middle click cut-n-paste doesn't work on
> a single button mac. Using ctrl-v pastes into surf.
> Clicking the "become root" button in terminal asks for a password, I tried
> blank and "sugaruser" but every password I tried ends the terminal

use "sudo su" instead ( it is a Ubuntu thing )
password=sugarroot
> Popup windows didn't open in surf (wiki.sugarlabs.org's editing help popup)
> alt-tab doesn't work to switch between activities (not sure if this is a
> virtualbox or a mac or a USR thing)
> Frame hot-corners worked well in full screen mode, but once I left full
> screen I couldn't return to it.
Log in on gdm bar for Sugar fullscreen
use "sugar-emulator -f "command from gnome for full screen
> The best I could do was maximised window. I
> guess this is some virtualbox or mac thing. Had to use alt-shift-f.
> Downloading activities from aslo with surf worked as expected.

You need to logout  then hit right bottom of gdm bar for shutdown options
It is set up for multiple users......( Students)
> Shutdown didn't work from the home view, used sudo halt in the terminal or
> power off signal in virtualbox.
>
> Tried out
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/soas/soas-i386-20100930.15.isoin
> virtualbox as above. Created virtual machine with hard disk and 512MB
> memory. Booted from iso, got the fedora boot screen and then the 3 progress
> bars which completed and were replaced with a black screen. Nothing happened
> after that. Checked that iso checksum does matche checksum file in from
> download directory. Didn't do any further testing of this iso.

I have not been able to make one either.
> Pukllanapac-5
> Found it a bit confusing when there was a button to set difficulty level but
> it only worked with 1 pattern.
> Problems with triangle shape, when flipping the shapes some triangles would
> overlap
>
> Dr Geo-1008
> It is in a window frame, not like normal Sugar activities. Strange saving
> that doesn't match usual Sugar behaviour, but goes into a folder. When you
> reopen the activity it is fresh but you can open your work from the folder.
> Made points and lines, circles and arcs. Managed to figure out how to find
> angle and length. Think would have to play a lot more to use it for learning
> geometery.
>
> Quinteti-3
> Two player turned out to mean on one computer, not by sharing in the
> neighbourhood. Hard to see whose turn it was, until we realised the player
> was in bold.
>

> Thanks testers
> Tabitha

Thanks for testing