[olpc-nz] XO laptop

Mitchell Seaton meaton.2v at gmail.com
Wed May 5 23:06:29 EDT 2010

Hi Tim,

The volunteer/tech community around OLPC in Australia is developing, and
Adam correct is not yet as established as OLPC NZ. I would recommend being
in contact with the NZ community as they do great testing work for XO and
SoaS builds and Sugar activities through their Auckland/Wellington groups.

We have a developing tech community in Australia being coordinated through
OLPC Friends (http://www.olpcfriends.org/) with support of OLPC Australia (
http://laptop.org.au/). We join with the SLUG (http://www.slug.org.au/)
community on the last Friday of the month with a OLPC BoF, if you could make
it to Sydney it would be great to meet you. The next meeting should be on
28th May, 6pm at Google Sydney.

I have a spare XO-1 that I could lend you so you can become familiar. If you
wish to request to borrow one please send your full contact and address
details to myself and Sridhar (cc'd). I could most likely post the XO or you
could pick up one in Sydney.

In regards to the SoaS V2 stick, how did you create the USB drive?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo#Graphical_Method_-_Windows_or_Fedora
http://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator

Regards,
Mitchell Seaton