[olpc-nz] en-NZ L10N

Tim McNamara mcnamara.tim at gmail.com
Mon May 3 19:49:24 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
<sridhar at laptop.org.au>wrote:

> On 4 May 2010 08:20, Tim McNamara <mcnamara.tim at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > We need to think about translating the OLPC strings to New Zealand
> English,
> > especially if we're considering pilot deployments.
> > Would anyone like to assist with this?
>
> How similar is en_NZ to en_AU? Would it be worth collaborating?

Maybe we could start with en_GB as a base?

I agree, en_GB would be a very good base to start with. Generally, en_NZ is
much closer to en_GB than en_AU. The language set "en" has 0% translation
;), which means any progress is good progress. There are 3678 words to
translate & then review.

The Pootle server is located at http://translate.sugarlabs.org/. Hop in,
help out :)