[olpc-nz] olpc-nz Digest, Vol 15, Issue 18

Marielle Lange mlange at widged.com
Sat Mar 20 17:51:21 EDT 2010

> Hello, my name is Carol Roam.
>
> I am a graduate student at Drury University in Springfield, Mo. I am working on a research paper dealing with the feasibility of large scale one to one computing in US elementary schools and completion of this research will help to meet part of the requirements for my masters degree in education.

Hi Carol,

I am not teaching so cannot really help with the survey. I have come across some references on 1:1. I paste them in case it is any useful:

21 steps to 21st Century 1-to-1 success (Australia)
http://education.qld.gov.au/smartclassrooms/strategy/dp/one-2-one.html
http://epotential.education.vic.gov.au/showcase/download.php?doc_id=878
http://education.qld.gov.au/smartclassrooms/pdf/scbyte-21steps.pdf

The End of Techno-Critique: The Naked Truth about 1:1 Laptop Initiatives and Educational Change (Australia)
http://www.nationaltechcenter.org/Uploads/2010/02/The-End-of-Techno-Critique-The-Naked-Truth-about-Laptop-Init.pdf

Deploying 1:1 e-Learning Environments for the 21st Century (among other things, reports on success stories across the world)
http://www.classmatepc.com/pdf/classmatePC_Planning_a_Pilot.pdf

Plenty of links:
http://www.shambles.net/pages/learning/ict/1to1laptop/

Blogs:
(their authors may be aware of 1:1 communities in their areas)
http://www.speedofcreativity.org/category/edtech/11/
http://1to1schools.net/

Communities where you are likely to find persons who can contribute to your survey:
OZ/NZ Educators - http://oznzeducators.ning.com/
Laptop Learning Community - http://laptoplearning.ning.com/
Tablet computing in education - http://tabletined.ning.com/profiles/members/
Classroom 2.0 - http://www.classroom20.com/
Teachers 2.0 - http://teachers20.ning.com/
Future of Education - http://www.futureofeducation.com/
WEbtas learning community - http://webtas.ning.com/
The iSchool initiative - http://ischoolinitiative.ning.com/
The iPod Touch classroom - http://ipodtouchclassroom.ning.com/
Eucational Technology - http://edtech100.ning.com/

It would be cool if you could send us a link to the thesis when finished. Best of luck with this!

Marielle