[olpc-nz] [Testing] Test request: Recent Chat.xo on 8.2.2 beta or 8.2.1

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Mar 12 19:49:54 EST 2010

>  - Latest formally tested / released for 8.2.x is Chat-48.xo
> So the question is -- what's the most recent one to work well on
> 8.2.x?

Chat-48 is the "old reliable" that I myself put into 8.2.x systems I let
others use.

Tested Chat-65 (ASLO says it is for Sugar 0.84) on 802b3 -- it failed to
launch.

Tested Chat-60 on 802b3 -- it worked, but in my environment it going
"on-line" was not identical to Chat-48.  [That might have been because
upon reboot 802b3 contacted the remote Jabber server via the internet,
whereas on an earlier boot 802B3 limited itself to contacting the local
LAN.]  Plus I'm not sure about Chat-60 saving its status to the Journal.

If having users pay more attention to start-up is acceptable, then
Chat-60 is newer.  Otherwise, Chat-48 is a "known factor".

mikus