[olpc-nz] Testing summary - 6 March 2010, Auckland NZ

Tabitha Roder tabitha.roder at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 19:56:27 EST 2010

Testing summary - 6 March 2010, Auckland NZ

Who: Tabitha, Tom, Fabiana, Jaco, Leslie, Rob, Vinny

What: testing on 5 XO 1.0 in 802B1, 0.82.1, Q2E41

gcompris scalesboard weight 14
first XO-1.0 to play - successful launch, like the full screen button,
rotate works,
educational experience - we enjoyed watching it get harder and like how it
mixes grams and kilos.
I hope the next addition has share with neighbourhood so we can work out
weights together.

tuxmath 1
launched it on two XO-1.0, anna and mojo
Anna became unresponsive, but ctrl-q caused tuxmath to quit
Mojo, tuxmath launched, but XO very unresponsive. Music plays choppilly
sometimes, mouse does not move, ctrl-alt-f1 doesn't work and no way
to recover beyond holding down the power button.

falabracman 1
tested on 5 XO-1.0s
started game and found that the touchpad cursor moves around the frame but
no use in the game - have to use keyboard (took us a while)
then we worked out that we use the arrows to move the man and we touch
letters in right order without touching water
oh and it is in portugese after the first menu page which was in english
tried sharing the game with the share with my neighbourhood but
when starting activity on another XO from the neighbourhood view it just
puts the icon in the frame but does not seem to work - dont think it wants
to play two player anyway
back in the activity ring, the falabracman did not gain any colour after I
played it (as other activities go from grey to colour after play)
Changed from portugese to spanish, find feedback is still in portugese
1 XO tried to quit with stop from drop down in frame and the user was taken
back to the main screen but not able to quit
bugs reported to bugs.sugarlabs.org - #1791, 1792, 1793

gcompris photohunter 13
1 XO got stuck after 3 pictures and could not continue. Then realised from
talking to each other that it is not a bug but the game getting harder, have
to find more than one difference in the picture.
Another XO got further but found gcompris photo hunter only has 5 images.
Just keeps giving same pictures with same differences.
What is erase double click for?

other testing we did...

testing sugar on a stick
soas blueberry does not complete boot up on HP mini 110-1052TU, hangs on
udev daemon start. tried on two usb sticks same problem on HP mini. No
problem with Asus EEE PC 701 with same 2 sticks same soas build.

We discussed XO 1.0 named Mojo battery issue - decided we definitely need to
replace battery - found we can buy battery from ilovemyxo.com for USD37 -
Fabiana will order replacement battery. Will get another battery then work
through with repair centres about what to do with broken battery. Tom is
interested in what is wrong with the battery and is interested in doing
investigations here.

Tom played with olpc tracker and we discussed how best to manage community
testing. There is a "Next Action" field on the dev.laptop.org tracker with a
"test in build" option, but there are a lot of different tickets with this
action, many of which aren't suitable, see
http://dev.laptop.org/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&col=id&col=summary&col=owner&col=type&col=status&col=milestone&next_action=test+in+build&order=priority
bugs.sugarlabs.org doesn't have any similar next action field.

We propose creating a "community testing" value for this field and using the
http://dev.laptop.org trac. However, we mostly report bugs in the
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org tracker. How do we reconcile these two trackers?

The internet at the windsor castle continues to be poor, writing this report
and using the trackers is a painful experience.

Thanks Testers
Tabitha