[olpc-nz] Request for help from Maranatha School in Lower Hutt

Tim McNamara mcnamara.tim at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 06:44:39 EDT 2010

Craig -

Would be more than happy to take a look at this for you.

It's highly likely that you are running a machine with a Broadcom wireless
adapter. You'll need to install a driver to make this work.

As background, Broadcom does not provide the source of their drivers.
Therefore, distributions that are free (e.g. no closed source software),
such as Fedora do not support those devices out of the box. This can be
fairly easily fixed by downloading the right driver http://rpmfusion.org/.

There are a few other things that could be going on though. I don't know
your level of Linux knowledge, if any. You can contact me on 461 7400 & 021
499 225 to discuss.

Looking forward to getting things sorted for you!

Tim