[olpc-nz] MLE reference google group and Sugar trials

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Tue Jun 22 06:19:19 EDT 2010

Hi NZ volunteers

There is a lively discussion about olpc and Sugar on MLE reference group
that you might want to start following / contributing to. The MLE reference
group is "Managed Learning Environments" and it seems to be used teachers
and techies in schools, as well as some people who work in ICT field and do
school support.

http://groups.google.co.nz/group/mle-reference-group/browse_thread/thread/035748498b4ce01f/ee7b1dc254cc40ae?hl=en#ee7b1dc254cc40ae

It am hoping we can support those that want to try Sugar.

We could do with getting someone who has worked in a school to help us with
their terminology. e.g. Maranatha school - they are in Lower Hutt - sounds
like Craig tried cable modem at home with success but the school smartnet
didn't let him connect. Now I don't know what smartnet is, so there is the
first question, and then I cant tell if he means their wifi doesn't show up
in neighbourhood view or if he means he cannot put a password in or if he
means he connects but then browse doesn't return any websites.

Thoughts?

Kind regards
Tabitha