[olpc-nz] Testing summary - Auckland NZ, 20 February 2010

Tabitha Roder tabitha.roder at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 01:14:53 EST 2010

Testing summary - Auckland 20 February 2010

Who: Robbie, Fabiana, Lynn, Simon, Vik and family, Tabitha, Tom, Liz
and family, Vanessa, Vinny and his university project team, other
people cant recall

What:
Had new people learning how to use the XOs.

Radio transmission of files between XOs. Today was quite awesome
actually, we had some university students join us who are doing
research into broadcasting data via FM radio -- they convert files to
audio files that the radio station can play and the villagers tune in
and receive. We gave them lots of old school advice about tape "turbo
loaders", hamming codes & UUCP. They hope to be able to distribute
what they are doing under a GPL license so the developing
countries can use it. Interesting project. We have loaned them two XOs
for a presentation they are giving on Wednesday.

Visual match: played this activity to see how we went with learning the rules.

Fixed the activity layout view on one XO (code broken during a
programmers workshop at linux.conf.au) - thanks Liz

Battery investigations on Mojo - seems that overnight charge then only
lasts a short time before switching itself off - orange then red
flashing twice and then off - read battery information and cannot see
any errors or bad health responses.

If other people were doing stuff I missed it as there was so much going on.

Thanks for coming
Tabitha