[olpc-nz] Today's/Tonight's QA Phone Call Conclusions & Unofficial Minutes

Tabitha Roder tabitha.roder at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 23:50:40 EST 2010

Hi Simon

Tim is on the money with his reply to you.
Testing from NZ has to be when we are awake so just tell us what to
test. It is hard for anyone to know what needs testing with all the
different places stuff is listed and the barriers to successful
testing are high. I can download images and hope for the best when we
get to our testing meeting but in many cases we don't have all that we
need and have to try again the following weekend. So make it simple
and easy to follow your test request.
I am happy to test on XOs and other hardware.
Meetings are hard to attend due to time zones and other commitments
(like people being at work, sport, family, other volunteer stuff) but
mailing lists we all follow (though I get selective when my inbox is
full and only read the headlines and maybe the first paragraph).
I would love there to be one webpage for test requests that has some
visual indicator of how many people testing it and how close to
finished testing it is, with a big tick next to it when it has been
tested thoroughly. While it is requiring testing have some work in
progress sign and you click it to see the test request (and hardware
requirements for test like XO or other), all the downloads you
require, and a way to submit your test feedback. Anyone who can make
that happen would be great.

Kind regards
Tabitha
NZ Volunteer