[olpc-nz] InternetNZ has $80k available for grants (400k/annum) & DIA's COGS has $14 million/annum we're eligible for

Tim McNamara mcnamara.tim at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 02:17:50 EDT 2010

Hi all,

InternetNZ is actively asking for groups to bid for its grant
money[1]. I have drafted up a skeleton brainstorm for various grants
programmes[2]. So far, I have Internet NZ & the Dept of Internal
Affairs' COGS programme. This should hopefully form the basis for some
funding for the group.

I've undertaken a brief evaluation of their funding criteria, and I
think the group meets both of those programmes' objectives. Where we
fall down is incorporation - this will hold us back.

What do people think are priorities? I would like 1) mobile internet
for Wellington & Auckland, 2) funding for adult education/train the
trainer training (so that we have qualified people providing demos to
schools) 3) USB sticks, 4) more XOs. More widely, we could potentially
bid for funding to support a futher Pacfic deployment, or to provide a
backup on our current Samoan deployment.

I will be able to have time to draft up a proposal over the weekend.
Let me know if others are happy with this.

Tim.

[1] http://twitter.com/InternetNZ/status/22061162563
[2] https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1T7z_Mr25fcetcFX0K9Ld_-ZvIEvX1ZICDqSU7viqlhI&hl=en_GB