[olpc-nz] Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 17 April 2010

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Fri Apr 16 22:17:08 EDT 2010

Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 17 April 2010

Who: Robbie x2, Fabiana, Tom, Tabitha (we have 3 XO-1.0s here and 2 XO-1.5s)

802B5 - XO-1.0
Write activity - version 60
Pulsing icon fails to completely start, does not appear in frame but does
appear in Journal.
Can not use the (F4?) "show me the activity I am running" button.
Tried again, still not starting but we are getting in the frame now 2 icons
but still no start. In the frame it says "Sugar shell" not "write".
Log files attached to ticket 10125.
Same results on another XO-1.0 same build.

802B5 - XO-1.0
Memorize activity - version 34
Success with two players. Added third player successfully. Had one person
exit to check game plays still. Then third person joins again successfully
but forfeited previous score (makes sense). All could keep playing. Does
rotate.

802B5 - XO-1.0
TurtleArt version 82
Sharing sort of works. The scripts quickly diverge and become less and less
meaningful. We managed to move the start of the script off the top of the
screen, and could not bring it back into the visible area -- the scroll bars
wouldn't scroll up any further. By default all turtles move when run. Does
rotate. B&W mode works. Full screen works.
Saving worked, creating a turtle art image and a turtle art presentation in
the journal. Opening both of these worked, but stopping the viewer raised a
warning "Keep error: all changes will be lost" which doesn't seem relevant
since we didn't make any changes in the viewer.

802B5 - XO-1.0
TamTamMini version 52
south american kit and electronic kit labels are around the wrong way. all
buttons on screen work, can use keyboard to alter pitch. B&W work. rotate
works. Is it appropriate to have gunshot?

802B5 - XO-1.0
TamTamJam version 53
There is a bit of a learning curve. We struggled a bit with working out how
to use. Can't tell bugs from features until we learn more about how to use
this activity.
Can restore from journal with all my work displaying successfully.

802B5 - XO-1.0
Maze version 6
Works fine, moves up the levels. Does not rotate well as doesn't resize to
fit window on 90 and 270 degrees - even if you can win it without seeing the
game, the next game level still shows rotated and too big for screen . Can
play with gaming keys with screen in tablet mode (like ipad mode?) but if
you rotate the screen 180 the up is down and down is up. Works in B&W mode.

802B5 - XO-1.0
Implode version 9
Works fine, moves up the levels. Rotates and resizes correctly. Hard to play
in B&W as harder to see contrast in blocks but does still work.

802B5 - XO-1.0
Terminal version 31
Shared and other XO-1.0 and XO-1.5 could get in but cant see each others
writing or extra tabs. See other XOs in the frame. Not sure if it is good to
share this activity.... risks?
Copy and paste works. Full screen works. B&W works. Can add more tabs.
Rotate works.
It does not always auto tab complete with umount.

802B5 - XO-1.0
Map version 9
Fail. Asks to connect, gives firefox error screen (gecko engine?) but we
were not on wifi. But then we couldn't shut down on one XO-1.0 but could on
the other. Is it possible to store data locally on the XO? Could it store
deployment country map?

802B5 - XO-1.0
Speak version 11
abc - did not work trying the different languages, just kept speaking
English
robot - crashed the activity and took ages to get XO working again
did not create another ticket as matches previous ticket 10099
Restarted activity (did not restart XO) and found ABC language change works
now. Tested Lancashire and French successfully.

build 119 on XO-1.5
Created network and got another XO-1.5 to connect.

build 119 on XO-1.5
Social calc version 5
Get controls on top of other controls, overlap of tabs so cant press some
tabs. Should this be not transparent or not be on top of each other? We
weren't sure if it was deliberate to save space. Does not rotate (actually
we cant get rotate working on any XO-1.5).
Joined another XO-1.5 into the activity successfully and could work together
on network created by first XO-1.5.
Could not complete all tests as think needs internet.

build 119 on XO-1.5
TurtleArt version 84
We are SO IMPRESSED that we can share this activity. We can't see each
others scripts/blocks but we see each other move (and make each other move)
and can see lots of potential for this activity. We worked out we can run
our script on either turtle. B&W mode works. Does not rotate (but this seems
to be XO-1.5 issue). Like to view coordinates, full screen. Tried some save
options, success! When save image, would like to be able to save image of
script for showing others how you did something.

build 119 on XO-1.5
TamTamMini version 52
all buttons on screen work, can use keyboard to alter pitch. B&W work. No
rotate on XO-1.5. Is it appropriate to have gunshot?
south american kit and electronic kit labels are around the wrong way.

build 119 on XO-1.5
TamTamJam version 53
There is a bit of a learning curve. We struggled a bit with working out how
to use. Can't tell bugs from features until we learn more about how to use
this activity.
Can restore from journal with all my work displaying successfully on 1
XO-1.5 and very slowly got it to work on another XO-1.5.

build 119 on XO-1.5
TamTamEdit version 52
The activity works. We could generate different tunes and alter reverb,
attack and decay, volume, etc. B&W worked. Could change instruments.

build 119 on XO-1.5
TamTamSynth version 53
Can edit and can play (though we could not find play button, worked out you
press keyboard and get sounds). Not much talent here, we got lots of noise
and crackle.

build 119 on XO-1.5
Terminal version 31
Shared and other XO-1.0 and XO-1.5 could get in but cant see each others
writing or extra tabs. See other XOs in the frame. Not sure if it is good to
share this activity.... risks?
Copy and paste works. Full screen works. B&W works. Can add more tabs.

build 119 on XO-1.5
Speak version 14
Can use ABC and robot. Video chat came up with a message but gone before we
read it.
Weird message when you try robot - says it cant speak default and suggests
we speak in English instead.
can change pitch and rate, can use in B&W, can adjust volume.
only has english and spanish for robot -  the robot does answer questions in
both languages. noticed some bad grammar in spanish answers. Very cheeky
robot.
ABC has full list of languages. Tested a couple and they work.

Thanks testers for another awesome session

Tabitha