[olpc-nz] Moodlemoot NZ 2010

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Thu Apr 15 17:31:21 EDT 2010

Hi everyone

I attended Moodlemoot this week (www.moodlemoot.co.nz) and took two
XO-1.5 laptops to show attendees.

I gave out 12 USBs with Sugar on a Stick and advised that more can be
made from the sugarlabs.org website. I gave out laptop.org.nz cards
with my email so they can get in touch with local volunteers.

There was a teacher from Otago region there in a school of 850 kids
who wants to take it further so will be in contact with us.

I also gave out the open education disc (CD with lots of FOSS software
for education) but only had 6 CDs so also gave out that website for
people to download from. http://www.theopendisc.com/education/

See Auckland testers on Saturday, and other testers online. :-)

Kind regards
Tabitha Roder