[olpc-nz] Fwd: [support-gang] plz welcome new Community Support Volunteer *Brenda Wallace* (subscriber 203)

Tabitha Roder tabitha at hrdnz.com
Sat Sep 26 02:23:27 EDT 2009

FYI - Brenda joined the support gang! :-) Great news.

Forwarded conversation
Subject: [support-gang] plz welcome new Community Support Volunteer *Brenda
Wallace* (subscriber 203)
------------------------

From: *Adam Holt* <holt at laptop.org>
Date: 2009/9/25
To: Support Gangsters <support-gang at laptop.org>

 Please welcome Brenda Wallace from New Zealand!  She has long
worked volunteering with Tabitha Roder's renowned testing team there:
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Projects/WellyNZTesters
    http://laptop.org.nz

And her personal sites and blog are:
    http://br3nda.com
    http://www.coffee.geek.nz

I'm really hoping she can work with others here to write a "Class Acts"
chapter, explaining to the world how they put together such a vital QA
resource for our worldwide community:
    http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/ClassActs
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/ClassActs/Resources

Please ask Brenda directly if you might help her here?  Even if I've not
yet fully trained Brenda aound RT -- please also reach out to her here
for any reason:
    shiny at cpan.org
    irc/wiki/teamwiki/RT: Shiny

EG. helping her with CJL's RT tips and Mafe's volunteer kit:
    http://laptop.org/team/index.php/RT
    http://laptop.org/team/index.php/Team:New_Support-gang_Orientation_Kit
    http://rt.laptop.org/RTFM/Article/Search.html?Class=OLPCFAQ

Try to help her get up to speed learning not only on RT, but also
our values /\ accomplishments \/ mission /\ programs...
    http://support.laptop.org
    http://flickr.com/olpc/sets
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/ClassActs
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Participate
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Internships
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support_FAQ
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPCorps_Africa
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Contributors_program !
    http://www.ohrd.wisc.edu/onlinetraining/resolution !!

Dear Brenda,
Kindly introduce yourself to the group, with a very short personal
statement of what you are working on, your interests and/or photos...

Add a link to your name and hometown in the roster here if possible:
http://laptop.org/team/index.php/Team:Supporters#mainly_support

All questions are welcome here on this non-public mailing list, during our
Sunday 4PM EDT/EST conference calls, and over live chat (our "volunteers
only" IRC channel is #olpc-support-gang on irc.freenode.net).  Remember
ask ANY question anytime here, using http://forum.laptop.org/chat and then
typing at bottom:

/join #olpc-support-gang
/query CanoeBerry