[olpc-nz] Testing summary - 23 May 2009 Wellington, NZ

Tabitha Roder tabitha at hrdnz.com
Fri May 22 21:05:49 EDT 2009

Testing summary - 23 May 2009 Wellington, NZ

Who: Uli, Stella, Tom, Tabitha, Tara, David, Grant

XO Editor - 1
Had a play with this and look forward to being able to save it - will it
require restart to save it in version 2? The changing shapes is also very
very cool, and we are looking forward to being able to make animal shapes!
:-) found reset icon so that was good after we made funny shapes

Screencast - 1
activity starts, managed to start capture, waiting about fifteen minutes and
the CPU seems to be focused on pdflush and screencast <c11, given up after
long wait (tested on two XOs) - so found that we try kill-9 kills screencast
but pdflush is still using most of cpu, mouse pointer is still very jerky,
kernal says netdev watchdog: eth0: transmit timed out, there was nothing
unusual in the process list in top, just restarted laptop after staring at
it for half an hour more
we might test this next week with much shorter capture

virtualbox and SoaS
we are trying to test running Sugar in virtual box (macbook) and can run
sugar from image
we are trying to test SoaS beta build but issues with ubuntu kernel and
filesystem (squashfs)

more experimentation next week

Thanks

Tabitha on behalf of Welly NZ Testers