[olpc-nz] Testing summary - 4 July 2009 NZ

Tabitha Roder tabitha at hrdnz.com
Fri Jul 3 21:35:30 EDT 2009

Testing summary - 4 July 2009, Wellington NZ

Who: Dave, Sigi, Shane, Tabitha, Brenda, Callum, Grant

What:

Sugar on a Stick - we were seeing people in the neighbourhood that were not
in our location, found we had to make some changes to network configuration.
Could boot from USB on a IBM hardware, but not Mac.

Physics-2 is awesome - we had great fun with this activity. It currently
does not have a share option to play together, so looking forward to that
when it is added.
Had some issues with install on various XOs. The activity seems to function
well. As with other activities, it slows down the longer you play (so memory
issue?).

Bridge still a favourite and we had a play with that again. It would be good
to have a restart / clean up button. Currently we close the activity and
reopen it.

Cellgame-1 - cannot get out - the stop button from frame does not close the
activity. restart required.

GeoQuiz-4
see from version 3 to 4 fixed occurrences of no highlighted zone and have to
answer the multichoice with no clue where you are supposed to be looking -
only Africa not South America - so great thanks to the author!
still have issue of activity closes itself when you finish all countries on
the continent

GCompris Geography - still have the shadow of countries quite far away from
the puzzle shape when drag countries over the right spot.

More testing of Record and Write with 3 XOs all went well.

Sugarlabs site does not display nice and prettily in browse on the XO. page
width too large. looks better on other hardware. clicked "activities" and
find that pop ups come up (dont feel like that is "sugar-ish" and when you
click on other links you get new pages in same window, so bit inconsistent.
spoken with "alsroot" about this who will create a ticket.

note - we get a lot of interrupt signal 15 messages. not sure if we should
be reporting them each time.

another stuck keyboard, this time its the shift key not control key, so we
might need some spare parts maybe

Thanks
Tabitha